My favorite breakfast is an omelet. I love a good omelet with veggies, a bit of bacon, some avocado, maybe cheese if I’m feeling adventurous (and don’t mind the stomachache later…).
Yeah, that’s not what this post is about.
This post is about the quick and easy go-to breakfast I drink on the way to work almost every morning, giving new meaning to “liquid breakfast.”
Here’s how I make my I’m Not An Omelet But I Will Do And Am Better For You Than That Cereal Or Bagel Shake (I’m thinking I should trademark that name before someone else snatches it up):
- Whatever protein powder you’ve researched as best. This one was in my pantry; therefore, it was the best.
- 1ish cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- A couple of handfuls of kale and/or spinach (you won’t taste it, I promise)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- Read this carefully before doing it because it can be confusing. Blend all that stuff together.
- Pour it in a cup.
- Drink it with a straw.
- Stay full until lunch. Woohoo!
There. Breakfast is done.